Week 4 Discussion Topic:
Getting a Job After Graduation
The following is a list of skills that employers look for when hiring new employees:
- Reading and writing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Career-related work experience
- Data analysis skills
- Computer skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Psychological knowledge
- Information acquisition and use
(Helms & Rogers, 2015, p.79-85)
From this lengthy list:
- What are the three skills that you feel are the most important?
- Why do you believe that these are more important than some of the other skills on this list?
- What steps can a person take to strengthen these skills as they prepare for their future career?
- What steps do you plan to take to further build these skills in your own life?
- 2. Your initial post (your response to the topic) must contain a citation. It is your ideas supported by research. Please refer to the APA Power Point in the Start Here section of the classroom for information on proper formatting. There will be a deduction of 20 points for failure to cite a source within your initial post and to provide a reference at the end of your initial post.3. Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words