Signature Assignment Parts 1 & 2 (Paper & Video):
Case Study: Hurricane Katrina
Part 1: Paper
Review the case study located below and write a 3- to 5-page paper (excluding title and reference pages) analyzing the public health preparedness issues encountered and the lessons learned. Include the following information in your paper from the case study, course reading, and additional research:
- A summary of the crisis event
- A public health issues created by the event
- The healthcare agencies and additional stakeholders partnering to better the outcome related to the event
- Lessons learned
- A detailed plan on the steps and sstrategies you would take as a public health leader to fill in the gaps to make the preparedness process more effective for any future crisis event(s).
- Conclude with information on the preparedness process and plan that should be in place in all communities, and the steps you would take as a public health leader to ensure all public health agencies are prepared for crises events.
Use current APA formatting to style your paper and to cite your sources. Integrate your sources into the paragraphs. Use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources.