You are an HR program of one. Based on information learned in this course, create a Human Resources plan of the steps needed to create a one person HR department. The design of the HR department must correspond to the various dimensions of the organization. For example, if there are multiple customers, products, or locations, then HR needs to support them all.
In your paper:
- Provide a clear and concise summary of the business (name, industry, number of people, etc).
- Give details on the various components and/or processes of HR that should be developed:
- Recruitment and selection
- Training and development
- Legal issues (EEOC)
- Performance Appraisals
- Provide support from scholarly sources in regards to the decisions made in the creation of the HR department.
Writing the HR Plan
The HR Plan:
- Must be 2000 to 2500 words in length (not including the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Any exhibits or appendices are also not included in the paper length.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, three of which must be from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.