Web-Based Research Paper:
- Each student will write a brief paper using web-based research on a company of your choice, i.e., any company (public, private, for/non-profit, etc.) with a website.
ï‚§ The body of the paper should be one-page, single spaced with 12 point font (papers longer or shorter than one page will be penalized).
- ï‚§ The paper shall also have a Cover page and a References page.
- ï‚§ The paper must be well written in paragraph format and should be both spell-checked and â€œclarity- checkedâ€.
- ï‚§ The paper must include the name of the company, description of the business, primary goods/services, location of headquarters, the internet address and why you selected this particular company
- ï‚§ The paper must also address at least two (2) Operations Management topics as listed in the course outline. Some examples are listed below:
- ï‚§ What are the competitive dimensions that form the competitive position of the company?
- ï‚§ What type of production and/or service processes does the company utilize?
- ï‚§ What are the companyâ€™s order qualifier(s) and order winner(s)?
- ï‚§ What is the companyâ€™s approach to social responsibility?
- ï‚§ What is the companyâ€™s approach to outsourcing and/or offshoring?
- ï‚§ What is the companyâ€™s approach to sustainability?
- ï‚§ You must also include three (3) questions that you would ask if you had an interview with the company
- ï‚§ Each student must submit both a hardcopy of the paper on no later than the due date and a softcopy through the TurnItIn feature of Blackboard to check for plagiarism.