victims and offenders 3
The content this week covered aspects of victims and offenders in the criminal justice system. You were provided links to multiple sites that offer information related to crime data on victimization, hate crime, human trafficking, and public perception. This information is important for your assignment and in your career.
Review the following sites as you prepare for this week’s assignment:
- Uniform Crime Report, January-June, 2017
- Uniform Crime Reporting
- National Crime Victimization Survey
- Hate Crime Statistics
- Human Trafficking
- “Police Views, Public Views” from “Behind the Badge“
Create a 10- to 12-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation in which you do the following:
- Provide at least 2 theoretical explanations for offending and victimization related to race and ethnicity. Include juveniles and gangs in your explanation (for example, conflict theory).
- Define hate crime and provide examples.
- Explain offender rates and statistical data for race, minority, and ethnic groups in criminal justice.
- Describe the effect community policing has on diversity relations.
Format all citations and references in accordance with APA guidelines.