Applied Research Paper Instructions
HSA 441 – Applied Research Paper
The purpose of this paper is to allow you to fully research and better understand a specific gerontological healthcare issue. You will research the origins, literature and practical applications of your chosen issue. You are to write a paper that details a health care issue that has been approved by the course instructor.
Include, at a minimum, the following components should be included in this paper:
Please incorporate AT LEAST the following sections into your paper with a heading for each section: (You are welcome to add as many additional sections/headings as you deem appropriate!)
- Title Page (as per example on course shell)
- Abstract Page (as per example on course shell)
- Table of Contents (example on course shell)
- History of the gerontological health care issue that you select (to be approved by the Instructor)
- Main components or aspects of this issue (be detailed and specific!)
- What is the national and global impact of this issue?
- How do government regulations, rules, and policies affect this issue?
- How your issue relates to the learning outcomes from this class. (Please see syllabus).
- Your assessment of this issue, from your personal perspective (why you chose it)
- Examples of this issue at it applies in the world today
- A current literature review of this issue dating back, at least, five years.
- What are the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT analysis) that this issue deals with as it pertains to our society?
- Recommendations as to the best way to deal with this issue in the future
- Concluding Thoughts/Summary of your paper.
- What you learned from this project.
- References (Cite all references in your paper using APA format)
- Appendix (Include things you feel are relevant to your analysis, i.e. graphs, charts, pictures, etc.)
PLEASE, be sure to support your thoughts, opinions, and conclusions with citations/references from the existing literature.
Students are required to write a 10 to 12 page paper (NOT including the Title, table of contents, abstract or reference pages), APA compliant research paper detailing a particular gerontologicl health care issue from the list provided below (or you may choose your own with your instructor’s approval). You will research the origins, literature, regulatory, economic and practical applications of your issue. You are required to get approval of your chosen issue from the course instructor. You must have your chosen topic selected by Week #2. YOU MUST USE AT LEAST 5 PEER-REVIEWED/SCHOLARLY SOURCES FOR THIS PAPER. You are highly encouraged to use the Barry University Library, including the online database to ensure compliance with this requirement. Detailed instructions and a demonstration of how to use the library resources was demonstrated during the first class meeting and you can review the recording of Live Meeting #1 that can be found in the Week 1 module in the course shell.
This paper must be typed, using 12-point, Times New Roman font and double-spaced. Your title, abstract and reference pages must comply with the examples posted on the course shell.
Concise, clear and effective writing is the hallmark of academic excellence.
Once you have written your paper, edit it for content, clarity, brevity, grammar, and spelling. Never turn in a paper where you cannot say, â€œThis is my best work.â€