1. You will be required to take the “Introduction to Human Resources” course on the SBA website. This course will take you approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete, please do not leave it until the last minute.
2. Follow these directions for how to access the course:
A. Go to sba.gov (Links to an external site.)
B. Once on the website click on the “Learning Center” tab.
C. Click on the red box that says “Browse All Courses”
D. You will see an arrow that will allow you to browse through the courses, click the arrow and on the 3rd page (second click) you will see the “Introduction to Human Resources” course.
E. Start the course. You will need to install Flash if your computer does not already have it installed.
3. Submit a screen shot or copy of the certificate making sure to follow the submission guidelines below.
4. Take notes on the following (I might have you reflect on these questions/ ideas later in the course):
- your “aha” moments and what you found most surprising/interesting.
- Finding and retaining employees can be challenging. What strategies or ideas do you have to find and keep great employees?
You will be submitting a picture of your certificate of completion via the text box entry method or by uploading a document. You can take a screen shot of the computer screen or upload the actual certificate. There are two very specific formatting requirements:
- The document you submit must be a .doc, .docx, pdf or jpeg file; (If you use Google docs, you will need to download the file as a Word file, then upload it here.)
- The file should be named using the following naming convention: yourlastname_yourfirstname.doc (or .docx)
For instance, if Jane Smith was completing the assignment, her file name would be smith_jane.doc
Direct link to site below