- The revised essay must contain all the basic elements of any good essay:
- An interesting title
- An introduction with a â€œhookâ€
- A CLEAR THESIS
- Body paragraphs that are logically organized
- Transitions between paragraphs
- Topic sentences
- Evidence to support your thesis (quotes, paraphrases, summaries, and/or an exploration or rhetorical devices)
- A conclusion
- Proofread the essay, ensuring that you correct any typos and errors in grammar or syntax.
- Use the MLA essay format. Be certain that you cite the article in the text AND on a Works Cited page
Write a 2-page summary and response essay for the article “A Math Problem for Pi Day” by Satyan Linus Devadoss. Make sure to address the following questions:
1. WHAT IS THE AUTHOR’S ARGUMENT/ THESIS?
2. HOW DOES HE ATTEMPT TO PROVE HIS POINT? IN OTHER WORDS, WHAT WRITTING AND/OR RHETORICAL TECHNIQUES DOES DEVADOSS USE IN HIS ESSAY?
3. IS HIS ARGUMENT EFFECTIVE? WHY OR WHY NOT?