you have recently purchased a Cisco router that will need to be implemented in a government facility at the perimeter of the network. This router will handle sensitive data. In order for the government to implement the router, you must perform a manual scan of the appropriate STIGs and determine what configurations will need to be implemented in order to get rid of at least 90% of the vulnerabilities.
Here are some of the details of the network you need to know.
1. The only routing protocol used is OSPF(RIP and BGP is not used).
2. SNMP will be used to monitor the router.
Here are your tasks:
1. Download and install the STIG viewer from the DISA website.
2. Determine the appropriate STIG for the device you are scanning and download the STIGs
3. Manually scan through the vulnerabilities in the STIG viewer and using the provided router configuration text file, determine which vulnerabilities are either a finding (or open), not a finding or not applicable.
4. Modify the router config file so that at least 90% of the vulnerabilities are fixed.
***** Prepare a power point presentation which should include the STIGs that were reviewed, the findings you found and what fixes you implemented to reach at least 90% vulnerability fixed requirement *****