Persuasive Paper Part 1: A Problem Exists – GradSchoolPapers.com
Topic: Persuasive Paper Part 1: A Problem Exists
Assignment 3: Persuasive Paper Part 1: A Problem Exists
Due Week 5 and worth 150 points
In order to write this paper you will need to use the attachment. I have attached Assignment 2: Research Proposal to use for this paper. Also the use 5 references in this paper.
ASSIGNMENT 2 WAS NOT A GOOD PAPER AND 25% WAS PLAGERIZED WORD FOR WORD. PLEASE SEE NOTES IN YELLOW.
This paper will be turned in to Stayer’s University Turnitin for plagiarism.
Topic of Interest
Should taxes on alcohol and tobacco be increased to aid in paying for rising medical costs?
The paper should have an Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
Using your thesis statement and research, present the problem that needs to be addressed with your proposed solution. Note: Your solution, advantages, and challenges, will be in Parts 2 and 3.
Write a four (4) page paper in which you:
1. Provide an appropriate title and an interesting opening paragraph to appeal to your stated audience (appeal with logic, ethics, or emotion).
2. Include a defensible, relevant THESIS statement in the first paragraph. (Revised from Assignment 2)
3. Describe the history and status of the issue and provide an overview of the problem(s) that need to be addressed. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
4. Explain the first problem (economic, social, political, environmental, complexity, inequity, ethical/moral, etc.) and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
5. Explain the second problem (economic, social, political, environmental, complexity, inequity, ethical/moral, etc.). and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
6. Explain the third problem (economic, social, political, environmental, complexity, inequity, ethical/moral, etc.) and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
7. Provide a concluding paragraph that summarizes the stated problems and promises a solution.
8. Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
9. Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
10. Recognize the use of summary, paraphrasing, and quotation to communicate the main points of a text.
11. Analyze the rhetorical strategies of ethos, pathos, logos in writing samples and for incorporation into essays or presentations.
12. Prepare a research project that supports an argument with structure and format appropriate to the genre.
13. Recognize how to organize ideas with transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
14. Incorporate relevant, properly documented sources to substantiate ideas.
15. Use effective transitional words, phrases, and sentences throughout the paper.
16. Support claims with at least 5 (5) quality, relevant references. Use credible, academic sources available through Strayer University’s Resource Center. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Note: Submit your assignment to the designated plagiarism program so that you can make revisions before submitting your paper to your professor.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
• Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.