In a paper of between 1000 and 1800 words (4 to 6 pages), do the following:
- Briefly describe your career field or a field of interest to you.
- Explain what drew you to this field.
- Examine the impact of past, current, and developing technology in your field, providing specific examples.
- Discuss the importance of remaining current in technology and other developments in your field.
- Explore ways to get and remain current in your field as you move toward a degree and as you are working in the field.
Keep in mind that the work you have done in Written Assignment 4 and your Presentation Assignment will be useful for this project.
This project has several guideposts. Please check the Course Calendar for the exact week when each is due.
- Approval of Topic: By the date indicated in the course Course Calendar, let your mentor know what career field you will be writing about. Ask your mentor if he or she has a preferred citation style. Submit your field and receive approval through the Private Student-Mentor Forum.
- Summary of Approach: By the date indicated in the Course Calendar, send to your mentor through the Summary of Approach assignment link a paragraph or two that briefly describes your approach to the topic of the impact of technology on the field and maintaining currency. The mentor will respond with helpful feedback.
- Annotated Bibliography: Written Assignment 4 is a preliminary annotated bibliography for the final paper.
Presentation Assignment: See references bellow