Choose your favorite work of art from any period of Art History found in your textbook.
Embed the image of your chosen artwork. 5 points will be taken off for the missing image!
Write a 4-body-paragraph essay:
- Paragraph 1: Visual Analysis
- What is depicted?
- What is the medium?
- Discuss the work’s visual language: composition, perspective, form, shape, line, color, lighting, texture.
- Paragraph 2: Contextual Analysis
- Who has commissioned this work?
- Who is the intended audience?
- How did historical/cultural/religious background affect this work?
- What kind of message does this work project?
- Who would benefit from its creation and its message?
- Paragraph 3: Your own educated perception/opinion of the chosen work of art – what you have learned to appreciate in a work of art after taking this course.
- Paragraph 4: How has your awareness of the role of art in your own life changed since taking this course?