Please use Microsoft Word, 1â€ margins all around, 12 pt Times New Roman font, double spaced. APA format for any references you choose to use, since some research (web surfing) may be needed. Write two pages minimum of double spaced text, plus graphics/images and a bibliography, total nearly 3 pages or more for the completed assignment, about a significant weather disaster. Points you must address include:
Was the event well forecast?
Did people have a great deal of warning before it struck?
Are the people who endured the event used to that type of weather?
Were any meteorological records set?
2. The following topics can be chosen from:
– Hurricane Sandy 2012
– Galveston Hurricane, 1900
– Tri State Tornado
– Super Outbreak of Tornadoes in 1974; in particular Xenia, Ohio
– Blizzard of 1977, Buffalo, NY
– Lake Effect Snowstorm, October 12th-13th, 2006, Buffalo, NY
– Lake Effect For a Week, Buffalo, NY December 2001
– La Plata, MD Tornado, April 2002
– Hurricane Camille, Gulf Coast, 1969
– Hurricane Andrew, 1992
– Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans, 2005
– 1995 Chicago Heat Wave
– 2012 Derecho
– DC area Winter 2009-2010
– Isabel Storm Surge, 2003
– Dust Bowl Drought
– Storm of the Century 1993
– Perfect Storm 1991
– Weather Forecasting for D-Day Invasion of France, 1944
– Typhoon Cobra vs Task Force 38, 1944
– Greensburg, KS tornado 2007
– Big Thompson River Flood, 1976
– 1965 Palm Sunday Tornado Outbreak
– 2008 Super Tuesday Tornado Outbreak
– The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
– North American Ice Storm of 1998