litigation case study – GradSchoolPapers.com
litigation case study
Instructions for Litigation Paper
1. Find a litigated case study that involves nursing malpractice or negligence. Be sure that you have full citation of the case (e.g. Smith vs St. Elsewhere Hospital, 2014, Cincinnati, Ohio) from a reputable source (e.g. nursing journal)
2. Write a summary of the case
3. Explain what aspects of nursing ethics and state/ federal law were violated
4. Draw from ANA ethical/ practice codes & standards, medical/ nursing specialty organizations positions, and the California Nursing Practice Act as relevant.
5. Explain how Bentham/ Mills/ Kant would feel about the case
6. Note the relationship of consequences (both ethical and legal) with the above codes and laws.
7. Include documentation
Rubric for Review of Litigation/ Case Paper
a) Description of a legal case, including ethical and legal criteria
b) Identification of applicable legal and ethical codes and their violations
c)Citation of theoretical/ didactic material in text and on reference page according to APA standards