Enterprise resource planning (ERP) System (
An enterprise resource planning (ERP) system is a set of business applications that are integrated to provide support for core business process activities. Core business process activities may include actions around manufacturing production, logistics, sales, marketing, finance, accounting, human resources, and others. Implementation of an ERP system aids the organizational units in sharing data and knowledge, reducing costs, and improving management of the business processes. Yet, ERP implementations still fail.
In a 5-6 page paper, not including the cover and reference pages, you are asked to complete sections of the paper described below relating to an ERP implementation. In addition to the introductory paragraph and thesis, include one paragraph describing a chosen organization and the good or service it provides where you will discuss its ERP implementation.
The ERP implementation review assignment content must include the following:
Introduction: Explain the purpose or thesis of the paper and explain how the body of the paper is arranged to support the purpose of the paper.
- Provide a brief description of your chosen organization and the good or service it provides. (No more than one-half page.)
- Provide a brief overview of the characteristics of change management.
- Describe why change management is important to ERP implementation.
- Describe why individuals in the organization may resist change.
- Itemize and explain at least three strategies for overcoming that resistance.
- Describe an example of a successful or unsuccessful ERP implementation at the chosen organization.
- Detail why it was successful or not.