Describe the major developmental tasks associated with young adulthood, middle adulthood and late adulthood.
2. Why is middle adulthood referred to as the â€œsandwich generationâ€?
3. Identify at least two physical, two cognitive, and two psychological changes associated with aging.
4. Describe how the changes you listed above affect older adultâ€™s occupational performance and safety in participating in activities inside and outside the home?
5. What is the role of OT in hospice care?
6. What are the differences between Parts A through D of Medicare?
7. a. What are the major federal legislations related to civil rights of and funding of services to adults and older adults with disabilities.?
b. What impact has the legislations that you listed above made on the view of disability?
8. Examine the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website to determine the current prevalence of mental illness among adults and older adults. Please address at least two different diagnoses. http://www.cdc.gov/
9. Think of your home environment and an individual with one of the following disabilities (blind, deaf or requiring a wheelchair).
What types of modifications or strategies could be used to help make your home environments safer for an individual with the selected disability? Please make sure you state the disability and then associated modifications.
10. Driving is a highly valued occupation in this society and for many people represents a sense of control and independence. Think about the issues of driving in later adulthood and answer the following question:
What impact would not be being able to drive have on youin regards to your occupational performance and quality of life? (Must be in
APA 6.0 format
a. Explain at least 2intriguing facts that you learned about occupational therapy that has expanded your knowledge about occupational therapy?
b. Explain the concept of â€œoccupationâ€ in the profession of occupational therapy. What does is mean and how is it used?
c. Explain how this course has shaped your decision to pursue or not pursue occupational therapy as a profession. Has this course confirmed that occupational therapy is your future profession or is not your future profession? Please explain your answer.