international leave law
In all industrialized nations except the United States, statutory agreements provide for minimum employee leave from work. In the United States, there is debate on this subject with regard to work-life balance.
For this assignment, you will write a paper focused on one international leave law that is not used in the United States and provide your recommendation on whether this law should be adopted in the U.S. and what the consequences of the adoption would be.
Organizations are required to comply with mandatory leave laws on both the state and federal levels. For this assignment, you will write a paper on one leave law that is required on the state level but is not mandatory on the federal level.
- Section 1: Introduction. In this section, provide background information and a summary of the law.
- Section 2: Similarity to U.S. Leave Laws. In this section, discuss whether this law is similar to any U.S. leave laws.
- Section 3: Recommendation for Adoption in the U.S. In this section, discuss whether you recommend the United States adopt the selected law.
- Section 4: Implications for Human Resources. Discuss the implications for HR if this law was adopted in the United States.
- Section 5: Conclusion
- Write a 3-5-page paper, or about 1100 words, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- Include a formal reference page. This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- You must support your analysis with at least three scholarly references and can include resources from this course.
- The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these sources. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU-Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.