Welcome to your critical thinking assignment. This assignment requires you to do the following:
- Give your opinion on the topic below.
- Return later and responded to a fellow student comments.
- You must post your opinion and a response for full credit.
This is a threaded discussion in which you interact with your classmates. You are required to answer the thread questions with a complete response. Responses that are “double talk” or restate the question and provide very little substance will not be given the points. If necessary research the question on the net. All the topics come straight from the Reading. Please do not use this thread to discuss your “frustrations” or dislikes. If you have concerns about the course, your grade, or grading procedures. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call. Remember the following rule applies:
Netiquette: All students are expected to be responsible and courtesy in their discussion posts. Posts should not be used to â€œflameâ€ students or the instructor. The use of offensive language, sexual, or racist comments will not be tolerated. Students will be reported their dean, and college for this behavior. I will forward the offensive post to the required authority. Also, you will be dropped from this course and given an immediate â€œFâ€ for the course.
Thread Rubric: Here is what I am looking for in these threads. My goal is to key you in on some of the social/political issues in a region and improve your understanding of the topic. The threads are designed to enhance the course and provide a written question not easy to provide on a multiple choice exam, Many of the threads my require some online research. It take only a few minutes. Here is the rubric:
- Posted a Response: You answered the question in clear completed sentences (5 Points)
- Responded to another student: You responded to another student post. Some of this can entail a simple agreement or acknowledgement, A discussion on topics is preferred (5 Points).
- Provided detailed explanations: of your views using resources and or the textbook. Cite resources, in providing web link or textbook page number. If you are unsure about a topic the internet provides a world of information (10 Points).
Critical Thinking Question
The Amazon rain forest is an important global resource that is being exploited primarily for local benefit. Given the common interest in preserving this valuable resource, including its biodiversity, what can we do as individuals to relieve some of the pressures on the forest? More importantly, should we have the right to intervene in the degradation of the rain forest? How does this conflict over a resource provide insight into the idea of being â€˜global citizensâ€™ with a â€˜global responsibilityâ€™?