1. Homework # 1
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper on the Furman v. Georgia case. Be sure to include the following:
- Explain how racial discrimination is a consideration in the decision and the ultimate impact of the case.
- Provide applications and examples of the case in more recent sentencing cases.
- Analyze the decision.
- State whether you agree or disagree and provide an explanation why.
Format your paper in accordance with APA guidelines.
2. Homework #2
Research the following corrections case study:
- California’s race-based lockdown
Create an 5- to 10-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation with detailed speaker notes in which you include the following:
- Present the significance of cultural diversity as it relates to correctional facilities using your selected case as an example.
- Summarize ethnic disparity and discrimination in corrections.
- Explain the impact of diversity in correctional facilities with regard to corrections personnel.
Format your presentation in accordance with APA guidelines.