Develop a minimum 8-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation including detailed speaker notes including the following:
- Describe the intervention and detail its history.
- Analyze the arguments for government intervention as opposed to arguments for market-based solutions. Hint: See the information in our course textbook on market failures.
- Examine who may be helped and who may be hurt by the selected government intervention.
- Examine externalities and/or unintended consequences of such intervention.
- Determine the cost trend of the intervention program since its implementation including whether costs are increasing, decreasing, or vary with the state of the economy.
- Evaluate the success or failure of the intervention in achieving its objectives and develop conclusions.
- Recommend whether the program should be continued as is, discontinued, or modified and defend your recommendation.
Cite a minimum of three scholarly, peer-reviewed references.