Select any four questions of your choice listed below. Minimum requirements are two-three pages per answer. You do not have to cite the sources. please be specific with the answer
- Describe the origins and aims of labor movement and socialist politics ( Karl Marx) in the nineteenth century. Describe the lives of upper, middle- and working-class women in English speaking countries between 1850 -1914.
- Define the concepts of â€œNew Imperialismâ€ and â€œcolonialismâ€ and analyze them in terms of motives, their methods, and their place in the development of the world economy? How was this new imperialism different from the previous European expansion?
- Discuss the causes of the First World War from a European perspective and what events led the United States to intervene in the conflict? What was the impact of the war on the world?
- Discuss the significance of the Paris Peace Conference. Who were the key individuals at that conference and what were their expectations? What was Wilsonâ€™s vision for â€œthe new world order?
- What were the causes and significance of the Russian Revolution? What was the political and economic situation in Russia for the first five years after the Bolsheviks seized power?
- Discuss the causes and consequences of the Depression? Why were Mussolini and Hitler able to gain power and engage in territorial expansion with such ease prior to 1939?
- What factors led to the emergence of a popular independence movement in India, and why did this movement lead to the establishment of two states, India and Pakistan, rather than to a single India?
Extra Credit: What will be the major sources of conflict in the second decade of the twenty century? In your estimation is there a solution to these global issues and how?