Assignment 5: Evaluation
Due Week 10 and worth 170 points
The last step in the training process is to conduct an evaluation. The organization’s training department and managers are interested in knowing whether the new training program met its goals and objectives. They are also curious about the traineesâ€™ reaction to the new training, as well as how much learning has occurred.
When evaluating the training program for your organization, consider the following questions:
- How will the training be evaluated?
- How will effectiveness of the training program be assessed?
- Were the training needs identified correctly?
- Did the training program meet all the training objectives?
- Did the training program gain the learnerâ€™s attention and motivate the learner?
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Revise Assignment 4 based on your professorâ€™s feedback. (Revision is not included in the required page count.)
- Recommend two (2) assessment methods/tools to collect data for the evaluation of your training program, providing a rationale for each.
- Analyze the components, challenges, and benefits of the assessment methods / tools you recommended. Explain the rationale for your selection.
- Develop two (2) assessment methods / tools for your project. (Note: Use the figures and examples in Chapter 9 as guidelines for developing your evaluation tools.)
- Develop six to eight (6-8) evaluation questions that you will ask learners and include the evaluation scale or rating range for each question (e.g., 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest).
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (published within the last five  years) from material outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page, revision, and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess a training program’s effectiveness.