ssignment: Dealing with Risk, Asymmetric Information, and Incentives
Earlier in the quarter, we discussed Southwest Airlinesâ€™ use of game theory to create a new strategy. Continue to research Southwest Airlines or a company of your choice and write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate a companyâ€™s recent (within the last year) actions dealing with risk and uncertainty.
- Offer advice for improving risk management.
- Examine an adverse selection problem your company is facing and recommend how it should minimize its negative impact on transactions.
- Determine the ways your company is dealing with the moral hazard problem and suggest best practices used in the industry to deal with it.
- Identify a principal-agent problem in your company and evaluate the tools it uses to align incentives and improve profitability.
- Examine the organizational structure of your company and suggests ways it can be changed to improve the overall profitability.
- Use the online library at https://research.strayer.edu to find at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: One of your references regarding your should have been published within the last 6 months. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.