1. In what way is health care a business? In what ways is it not? In what way is the business case in health care different from that of organizations in other sectors of the US economy?
2. The terms “evidence-based” and “metrics” have been used several times in Chapter 11. Why do you think these concepts are so important in health care?
3. What impact will the growing support for diversity and inclusion among younger people have on culturally and linguistically appropriate care? Discuss the impact of this trend from the patient as well as the provider perspectives.
4. Describe three to four points that you will easily and readily take from this course and apply in your professional and personal life.
5. What message do you want to tell your classmates, your friends and family, and the world about healthcare, lives, peace, and humanity?