Apply knowledge of the bid and proposal processes, including preparing the make-or-buy analysis, project bid proposal, preparing an RFP and a response, and formulating a contract strategy.
Assess the effectiveness of a project contracting and procurement strategy.
Develop both an outsourcing proposal to the corporate board and an RFP to vendors using proven PM methodologies.
Explain the legal and ethical considerations surrounding contracts including the risk distribution and allocation function of contracts.
A sufficiently detailed statement of work (SOW) can assist with the negotiations during the bidding process as well as deal with potential conflicts during the execution of the contract. The SOW can be utilized to address risks such as not meeting requirements or non-performance of work.
Address the following in 3-5 pages:
- Prepare a SOW with at least 8 sections.
- You may use all of the information that you have compiled in the previous assignments to craft this final SOW.
Review and reflect on the knowledge that you have gained from this course. Based on your review and reflection, write 1 page on the following:
- Evaluate your learning about contracting and procurement. How has this learning changed your mindset about project procurement?
- Assess the effectiveness of project procurement processes and contracting strategy and how this strategy was used in the case study (scheduling tool implementation project).
- Explain what legal and ethical considerations must be considered in the case study project (scheduling tool implementation project).
- How did participating in discussions help your understanding of the subject matter? Is anything still unclear that could be clarified?