The Normal Probability Distribution
Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length.
In Â§6.2 we are introduced to the Normal Probability Distribution and the special case of the Normal Probability Distribution, the Standard Normal Probability Distribution, which is a Normal Probability Distribution with mean (u) zero and variance (Ïƒ2) one (and standard deviation of 1).
Watch these videos
1. What is a z score?
2. What is the purpose of a z score?
3. If a z score were -3, where on the graph would it be? Is this a rare or a common score? Why?
One way to find probabilities from a Standard Normal Distribution is to use probability tables, which are located inside the front cover of your textbook.
4. According to the table, what is the probability when z â‰¤ -1.23? The probability when z â‰¤ 1.23?
5. Select two other pairs of “opposites” on the z table (like 2, -2 etc.) and give their probabilities.
6. Show the math of adding each of the pairs. What is the total each time? Why is that the total?
7. What are the properties of the Standard Normal Probability Distribution?
Please provide original work. No plagarizing.