For this assignment, you will watch an Esports event being streamed on the channel. It doesnâ€™t have to be live, but the newer, the more relevant. This can be a league or tournament game. I will go so far as to say the larger the event the better, but you should also think about watching a game you know/like. You will write up an analysis that answers the following 5 questions:
- How do you see the casters trying to emulate what you saw when you looked at the professional event?
- Does this cast cater to hardcore fans or do you see ways in which there is an attempt to help people who donâ€™t understand the game follow the action? Why?
- Think about production value. How does the caster bridge the gap between casual casting and professional casting?
- How do the casters use the time built into the event where nothing is happening? Itâ€™s key to not lose the interest of viewers, but almost every tournament has lengthy portions of downtime (or slow time, like pick/ban or early game). What is being done during that time?
- What does the caster do that is unique to the collegiate space?